Saturday, November 26, 2005

Snippets


The Keira Long Sequin Dress from ASOS that imitates Keira's Matthew Williamson looks exactly like the Prom dress I wore 2 years ago. It was from British label Warehouse and came in a brilliant pink. It had a sequinned halterneck and the exact same bustline. I'm not very proud of it now, its quite plain really. But compared to the simple frou-frous worn by everyone else, I think I didn't do too bad.

***


I was rather amused and surprised when I saw this survey in the Dec issue of ELLE UK. How often do you take these drugs? Now that is one thing you will never, I mean literally never ever ever, see here in strait-laced Singapore.

***
I'm totally enamoured by Neil Barrett's collection. He used to be Prada's chief men's designer but decided to leave the label in 1998 to start his own line. His menswear collection is great, but so are the androgynous looks in his women's wear. Very very handsome, with gorgeous skinny jeans and waistcoats. Very London high street.

***

While Kate Moss put skinny jeans in stores, Superfine made those jeans. The rock-chick "spray-on" skinny drainpipes are suitable for any figure really, as long as you know how to wear the right top. (Long jersey for those with fully figures) Not forgetting that each jean is lovingly treated with the feminine touch with details like pale-pink zipper tabs and checkerboard linings. Must-have for skinny jeans fans.

***

Natalie Portman. Photographed by Craig McDean in Stockton hall in the New York meatpacking district for Another Magazine (autumn / winter 2004)

I love Craig McDean. Brilliant fashion photographer. Check out more of his work at Anothermag, especially Issue 8 featuring Karen Elson.