Sunday, January 29, 2006

Polaroid Ads

Even though I didn't particulary enjoy the movie (I just watched it for Orlando Bloom), I did like the feel of it and was especially inspired by Claire's (Kristen Dunst) self-compiled roadmap for Drew (Orlando Bloom). The little polaroids of candid shots were also featured in their movie promo posters (like the one above) and I thought the above poster was really fantastic.



Then I spotted the latest Burberry campaign starring Rachel Weisz, which has that exact same whimsical, self-compiled sketchbook style. And I still love it. It's fabulous without being pretentious and I think this is the way to go if you want to feature "real-women" or "non-6 foot-anorexic-models" in fashion/beauty ads - make them 'relatable'.

I really should get a polaroid camera.