Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A/W'06 - Chunky Knits

Chunky knits are one of the most unlovable things amongst all winter wear - they're boring, they're unflattering, they're hideous. But looking at their appearances on the runways, I'm afraid their going to come back strong and hard during Fall. Thank goodness I don't have to wear them here.

Karen Walker and Bill Blass bore me.

And that was just London and New York.

Pucci, D&G and Marni had their own selection of chunky knits. Better styling helps, but still it bores me to tears. It's so ... bland. (Like many of the Fall collections for 2006 - bland)


If you must get one, here's a tip from Adam + Eve. If I were to get a chunky anything, it would be a jacket, not a sweater so it won't make me look pregnant. And I would definitely pair it with something slinky underneath to sex it up a notch. Then maybe those chunks of fabric won't look so bad after all.