Sunday, February 12, 2006

Marc Jacobs doesn't do menswear


Straight from the horse's mouth:

"I don't like men's fashion. I find it very strange. I'm constantly amazed by how obsessed some men are by accessories. I just don't get it, but whatever."

"Vuitton is more showy, extrovert, more for those that want to be noticed. It has a gloss, a polish. Why would someone want LV luggage? It's the most identifiable. It costs a certain price, it comes with a certain cachet."

"Fashion is in a bubble. It's frivolous, completely a whim. It's complete frivolity, does not have responsibilty."

"I like the idea of the past, to imagine what things were like. The past inspires me, it's a romantic thing. It's the patina that age gives that I like."
Quoted from Marc Jacobs at the opening of the Louis Vuitton Landmark Maison at Hong Kong over Coke Light and Marlboros. (8 Dec)

Source: Style Singapore