Saturday, April 15, 2006

Peter Som

I've always loved Peter Som's designs. Some looks from his Fall'06 collection that tickle my fancy:

I especially love the look in the middle. No matter what, I still love skinny pants and this pair with the colour and stiff material would be perfect for formal dressing as well. The tulle peeking out of the jacket is so adorable!

With My Fair Lady as inspiration for his latest collection, one can expect great dresses from Peter Som. The couture-like details on the first piece and the peekaboo detail on the last is beautiful and not too costumey. Strangely enough, I like the carrot-top gown in the middle. This is usually one silhouette I find absolutely fugly, though it continously makes its appearance at Chanel Couture, but Peter Som has managed to make it look like a cute wedding gown.