Sunday, July 23, 2006

Baking

Okay, forgive me, this is totally not about fashion.

I've mentioned before I enjoy baking. (Me, the aspiring domestic goddess) And looking at all the wonderful bakes from notes by NAIVE has inspired me to get my baking apron on.

So I made double chocolate muffins. This is the recipe. But I'll type it out here for your convenience, should you wish to try it out too:

Double Chocolate Muffins:

260 g (2 cups, 9.2 ounces) flour
160 g (0.8 cup, 5.6 ounces) granulated sugar
1/2 package baking powder (approx 2 tsps)
20 g (3/4 oz) cocoa powder
1 pinch of salt
2 eggs
8 cl (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
12 cl (½ cup) milk
200 g (1/2 lbs, 7 ounces) chocolate chips

Heat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
Whisk the egg with the oil and milk. Stir this in the dry ingredients until they are moistened. Add the chocolate chips and stir lightly once more.
Fill 12 greased muffin cups, put them in the oven for 20/25 minutes.
After a few minutes, put them on a rack to cool.

Notes: I halved the recipe, but ended up with 10 muffins. And, instead of using chocolate chips, I highly recommend substituting with dark chocolate chunks instead. I used my favourite brand - Morinaga dark chocolate, a brand from Japan
.